Corruption Removal Starts From Home


Recently at Rajbhavan Chennai on 21 Aug 2014 night I had a team of visitors, all are children led by Mr. Nagaraja Raja. They came, met me and told me that, they are all the titled singers in a TV programme, and they have acted in a movie called Puthiathor Ulagam Seivom புதியதோர் உலகம் செய்வோம் (Let us create a new world).
In this film the fathers of the children are indulging in corruption and it affects the other parents of these 5 children in some way or the other. Every one of them decided to reform them, and they told me how they changed their parents using their knowledge, love and affection which eventually made them not to accept bribe anymore and get reformed.

I strongly believe, there are number of laws in this country to handle corruption coupled with loopholes. Recently Lokpal bill had been passed by the Parliament. Corruption is the root cause for all the evils in the society. Where from it starts, it starts from home.


Hence, I strongly believe we need to start a movement from our home to eliminate corruption. A young person told me, sir, I can be corrupt free and I can assure you I will not accept brief, but in this society, I cannot get my small and entitled things get done, if I don’t bribe. What a sad state of affairs as on today.

We can certainly reduce or bring down the plethora of corruption in every walk of life, if the youth of this nation launch a movement which starts from their own home and clearly declare to their parents, that I will not accept anything from them, if it comes out of corrupt money and can stand firm on their demand.

What a shame to the parents, if their own children denounce them if they get involved in corrupt practices? This act of children will certainly change the parent’s mind who are unfortunately involved in corruption for their government services.

I felt happy and told the team who made this film to translate in all the languages and release it, it should reach everywhere


-Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam